Effective March 1, 2022
This is a binding agreement. “You” or “your” or similar terms refer to you as a user of our Service. If you use the Service or click accept or agree to these Terms if presented to you in a user interface for the Service, we will understand this as your acceptance of these Terms and your agreement to all of its terms and conditions. By accepting these Terms or using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have the legal capacity to enter a contract in the jurisdiction where you reside. If you are entering into these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that party to these Terms, and in such event and unless otherwise noted, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that party. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, you are not authorized to use the Service and you must promptly cease using it.
By agreeing to these Terms, you expressly agree to the arbitration of all Disputes as further described below. Any controversy, allegation, or claim that arises out of or relates to the Service, these Terms, or any additional terms, whether heretofore or hereafter arising (collectively, a “Dispute”), except for any controversy, allegation, or claim that arises out of or relates to our actual or alleged intellectual property rights (an “Excluded Dispute”), shall be finally resolved by arbitration. The parties agree to arbitrate solely on an individual basis, and that these Terms do not permit class arbitration, or any claims brought as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative arbitration proceeding. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. In the event the prohibition on class arbitration is deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the remaining portions of the arbitration provisions will remain in force.
THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL IN NO EVENT BE CONSIDERED OR RELIED UPON AS LEGAL ADVICE OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR SEEKING THE ADVICE AND COUNSEL OF A LICENSED ATTORNEY. See Section 13 (Attorney Advertising) below for more information.
- Your Access to the Service
- Permitted Use and Restrictions
- Submitted Content
- Copyright Infringement
- Idea Submissions
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Third-Party Sites and Services
- Notice for California Residents Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Attorney Advertising
- Limitation of Liability
- Governing Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Additional Important Terms
- Changes to These Terms
- Contact Information
1. Your Access to the Service
- Internet Access. When using the Service on your mobile, laptop, desktop, or other device (your “Device”), you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for (i) maintaining Internet access for your Device and (ii) any Internet connection and telecommunications fees and charges that you incur.
- Your Device. Signature Resolution is not responsible for the operation of your Device. You are responsible for ensuring the system functions of your Device are in working order when accessing the Service, including, but not limited to screen display operation features of your Device.
- No Guarantee. Access to the Service may be suspended temporarily and without notice (i) in the event of system failure, (ii) for maintenance or repair, (iii) where we reasonably suspect there has been a breach of these Terms, (iv) for reasons reasonably beyond our control, or (v) as otherwise explained in these Terms.
2. Permitted Use and Restrictions
- License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, Signature Resolution hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable, non-assignable license to access and use the Service (including updates and upgrades that replace or supplement it in any respect and which are not distributed with a separate license, and any documentation) solely for use on a Device that you own or control. We reserve all other rights, which are not granted in these Terms.
- Use Restrictions. You may not access or use the Service in any way that is not expressly permitted by these Terms. You may not: (i) cause, permit or authorize the modification, copy, creation of derivative works, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or hacking of the Service; (ii) sell, assign, rent, lease, or grant rights in the Service, including, without limitation, through sublicense, to any other person or entity; or (iii) use the Service for any unlawful, prohibited, abnormal or unusual activity as determined by Signature Resolution in its sole discretion.
- Eligibility. You may only use the Service if you are an individual 18 years of age or older or a duly organized, validly existing business, organization, or other legal entity in good standing under any and all applicable laws, and able to enter into legally binding contracts. Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Service.
- Investigations. We may, but are not obligated to, monitor, or review our Service at any time. If we become aware of any possible violations by you of these Terms, we reserve the right to investigate such violations, and we may, at our sole discretion, immediately terminate your license to use the Service pursuant to Section 15 (Termination) below.
- Violation of these Terms. You must not use (or permit a third-party to use) the Service: (i) in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or to act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into the Service or any operating system used by the Service; (ii) in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security, or interfere with other users; (iii) to collect or harvest any information or data from the Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (iv) via use of a robot, spider, or other automated device to monitor or copy the Service or any information provided by the Service; (v) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which does not comply with these Terms; or (vi) to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam). You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible, and Signature Resolution has no responsibility or liability to you or any other person or entity, for any breach by you of these Terms or for the consequences of any such breach.
- Accounts. If you have initiated an alternative dispute resolution matter with us, you may be directed to use the SR Global Platform to facilitate case management and to upload and download case documents and materials. To initiate an alternative dispute resolution matter with us and to use the SR Global Platform, you must provide certain information to us (such as your name and email address). To login to the SR Global Platform, you may use your email address and a one-time access code or an account on certain social media platforms (e.g., Google, LinkedIn). By logging in through a social media platform, you authorize us to collect your name, email address, language preference, and access token. You are solely responsible for the information associated with your account and anything that happens related to your account. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information as requested by any forms and maintain and update such information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
- Security. Maintaining account security is very important. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of one-time codes and/or account credentials. You agree to notify Signature Resolution immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of a one-time code, your login credentials, or your account.
- Account Sharing and Transfers. Accounts are registered to individuals personally and may not be sold, traded, gifted, or otherwise transferred at any time under any circumstances. You may not share accounts with, or disclose account access credentials (including one-time codes and/or passwords) to, anyone.
- Account Termination. Signature Resolution may terminate your account at any time if: (i) Signature Resolution determines that you are (A) in breach of or otherwise acting inconsistently with these Terms or any other policies or guidelines post on the Service, or (B) engaging in fraudulent or illegal activities or other conduct that may result in liability to Signature Resolution; (ii) Signature Resolution determines it is required by law to terminate your account; or (iii) Signature Resolution decides to stop providing the Service or critical portions of the Service. Upon Signature Resolution’s termination of your account for any of the foregoing reasons, (y) Signature Resolution will have no obligation to notify any third parties regarding such termination, and (z) you will be responsible for any damages that may result or arise out of termination of your account. You have no ownership rights in your account.
- Payment of Fees. You may submit payment for Signature Resolution’s fees through the SR Global Platform. Signature Resolution uses authorized third parties for the purposes of processing payments (e.g., Stripe, Plaid). By using a third-party payment processor, you grant (or otherwise authorize) Signature Resolution the right to store and process your information with such third parties. You agree that Signature Resolution will not be responsible for any failures of such third-party payment processors to adequately protect your information.
5. Submitted Content
- Signature Resolution is not the source of, does not verify or endorse, and takes no responsibility for any information submitted about a case or any material submitted or made available through the Service via any function that allows a user to upload, post, or share content (the “Submitted Content”). Submitted Content is entirely the responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. Signature Resolution does not control Submitted Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or quality of such Submitted Content. You may be exposed to content that is offensive, unlawful, harmful to minors, obscene, indecent, or otherwise objectionable. Submitted Content may be protected by intellectual property rights owned by third parties. You are responsible for the content you choose to communicate and access using the Service. In particular, you are responsible for ensuring that you do not submit material that (i) is protected by copyright, contains trade secrets, or otherwise is subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights, have permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise entitled by law to upload or post the content; (ii) is false or is a misrepresentation; (iii) is offensive, unlawful, harmful to minors, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable; or (iv) impersonates another person. Signature Resolution may in its sole discretion block, prevent delivery of, or otherwise remove the content of communications as part of its effort to protect the Service or its users, or otherwise enforce these Terms. Further, Signature Resolution may in its sole discretion remove such content and terminate your account if you submit any content that is in breach of these Terms.
- However, Signature Resolution acknowledges that when you use the SR Global Platform as a party, or to represent a party, to an alternative dispute resolution matter, you may believe that you need to make a submission of Submitted Content that might violate one or more of the restrictions set forth above. Signature Resolution recommends that if you find yourself in such a situation, discuss the situation with the neutral handling your alternative dispute resolution matter prior to making such submission, and follow the neutral’s guidance.
- By providing Submitted Content, subject to any confidentiality agreement with Signature Resolution (if applicable), you grant Signature Resolution a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, transmit, and display the Submitted Content in connection with Signature Resolution’s operation of the Service for you and others you may designate.
- You acknowledge and agree that: (i) by using the Service, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive or indecent and you do so at your own risk; (ii) you are solely responsible for, and Signature Resolution has no responsibility to you or any third party for any Submitted Content that you create, submit, post, or publish on or through the Service; (iii) Signature Resolution is not responsible for any Submitted Content provided by third parties that you may have access to through your use of the Service and all Submitted Content is the responsibility of the person from whom such Submitted Content originated. You acknowledge and agree that (y) Signature Resolution has no control over and is not responsible for the use of Submitted Content by its users, including any user that has downloaded Submitted Content to a personal device; and (z) Signature Resolution may not be able to remove Submitted Content that is downloaded onto a user’s Device. Signature Resolution does not endorse any Submitted Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Submitted Content.
- You agree that Signature Resolution may, in its sole discretion, refuse to post, store, or transmit any Submitted Content that is available via the Service and may move, remove, edit, or modify any such Submitted Content for any reason at any time.
- You acknowledge that your Submitted Content is your sole responsibility. You agree that, under no circumstances, will Signature Resolution be liable in any way for any Submitted Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Submitted Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or distribution of any Submitted Content transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
6. Copyright Infringement
- Signature Resolution has adopted a policy that provides for the suspension and/or termination of any user who is found to have infringed on the rights of Signature Resolution or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. Signature Resolution’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention.
Take-Down Notice. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want Signature Resolution to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide Signature Resolution with all of the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)) to our designated copyright agent set forth below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work (or works) claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit Signature Resolution to locate the material (providing URLs in the content of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Signature Resolution to contact you, including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you, or your agent, or the law;
- A statement made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
See 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further information.
For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to Signature Resolution’s Designated Agent Jesse Centeno by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail your DMCA request to:
Attn: Signature Resolution’s Designated Agent
Signature Resolution Group LLC
633 5th St #1000
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Mailing DMCA notices may delay the processing of your request. Only copyright complaints should be sent to the Designated Agent. No other communications will be accepted or responded to.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements above, your DMCA notice may not be valid and not be acknowledged. Once proper notice is received by the Designated Agent, it is Signature Resolution’s policy:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- to notify the content provider, member, or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Signature Resolution will terminate such content provider’s, member’s, or user’s access to the service.
Counter-Notice. If you believe that the material that was removed or to which access has been disabled is either not infringing, or you believe that you have the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, you must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, address, and telephone number; and
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court in the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which you may be found and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the initial notification of alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Signature Resolution may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member, or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Signature Resolution’s discretion.
7. Idea Submissions
- We welcome feedback from our users and appreciate your comments regarding our Service. However, our company policy does not permit us to accept or consider ideas, suggestions, proposals, or materials (“Submissions”) that we have not specifically requested. This policy is intended to help us, and our customers avoid future misunderstandings when new products or services developed internally by our employees might be similar or even identical to a user’s idea.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
- Trademarks. The Signature Resolution name and logo are trademarks and service marks of Signature Resolution. You do not have the right to use any of our trademarks, service marks, or logos, and your unauthorized use of any of these may be a violation of federal and state trademark laws.
- Ownership. Except for your Submitted Content, you acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Service, whether registered or unregistered, including but not limited to rights in graphics, logos, “look and feel,” trade dress, structure, organization, code, Submitted Content belonging to other users, and all other content in the Service and compilation thereof, anywhere in the world, belong to us or our licensors and are valuable trade secrets and confidential information of Signature Resolution, and are protected by intellectual property laws. Except for your Submitted Content, you acknowledge and agree that Signature Resolution, and/or its licensors, own all right, title, and interest in and to the Service, including all intellectual property, industrial property, and proprietary rights recognized anywhere in the world at any time and that the Service is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Further, you acknowledge that the Service may contain information that Signature Resolution has designated as confidential, and you agree not to disclose such information without Signature Resolution’s prior written consent. Nothing posted on the Service grants a license to any Signature Resolution trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Service is proprietary information protected by copyright or trademark unless otherwise noted and may not be used except with the written permission of Signature Resolution. When accessing the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property.
9. Third-Party Sites and Services
- The Service may contain links to or allow you to share content directly with other third-party websites (“Third-Party Sites”). You acknowledge that we have no control over the Third-Party Sites and are not responsible for their contents and/or availability. We do not assume any liability for your use of any of the foregoing, which use you acknowledge and agree shall be at your own risk.
- These links are provided to you for convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement or approval by us of the organizations that operate such websites, the content, or other material contained in the Third-Party Sites, and we have no association with their operators. Your use of the Third-Party Sites will be governed by their terms and conditions and privacy policies (if any) (“Third-Party Terms”). It is your responsibility to read and comply with Third-Party Terms.
10. Notice for California Residents Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3
- Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of an electronic commercial service receive the following consumer rights notice: California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd. Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at 800-952-5210.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and our affiliates, and their respective business partners, licensees, licensors, officers, directors, employees, neutrals, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs), arising out of or in connection with: (i) your use of the Service; (ii) your breach or violation of any of these Terms; or (iii) your violation of any law, rule, or regulation or of the rights of any third party. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, which shall not excuse your indemnity obligations. In such event, you shall provide the Indemnified Parties with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Indemnified Parties.
12. Warranty Disclaimer
- WE PROVIDE THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO CORRECT ANY BUGS, DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE OR TO OTHERWISE SUPPORT, DEVELOP OR MAINTAIN THE SERVICE. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs, we accept no liability for them. We also make no promises or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content included on the Service is accurate, complete, or up to date.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND OTHER TERMS, WHICH MAY APPLY TO THE SERVICE WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT INCLUDED ON THE SERVICE.
- No information or advice obtained through the Service, or affirmation by us, by words or actions, shall constitute a warranty.
- Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you.
13. Attorney Advertising
- The information on the is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
14. Limitation of Liability
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ANY BREACH OF SECURITY OR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, LOST DATA, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICE OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE ARISING FROM, RELATING TO, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS, ARISING AND WHETHER FRAMED IN CONTRACT OR TORT, REGARDLESS OF THE NEGLIGENCE (EITHER ACTIVE, AFFIRMATIVE, SOLE, OR CONCURRENT) OF signature resolution, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service including, without limitation, content offered on the Service and our products, is to stop using the Service. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of services or products received through or advertised in connection with the Service or any links on the Service, as well as by reason of any information or advice received through or advertised in connection with the Service or any links on the Service. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of any content posted by a third-party or conduct of a third-party on the Service.
- In the event the foregoing exclusion of liability is determined, in whole or in part, to be invalid or unenforceable, then the Indemnified Parties’ liability arising in connection with the Service or under these Terms whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall not exceed, under any circumstances, One Hundred Dollars ($100). You agree that any claim or cause of action arising under these Terms or the performance or non-performance of the Service must be brought within one year after such claim or cause of action arises or be forever barred.
- THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER IN THIS SECTION DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, SIGNATURE RESOLUTION’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS PROVISION SHALL HAVE NO EFFECT ON SIGNATURE RESOLUTION’s GOVERNING LAW PROVISION SET FORTH BELOW.
- IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
- We may terminate these Terms and/or terminate your permission to use the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, if (i) you commit any breach of these Terms, (ii) we discontinue the Service, or (ii) we are prevented from providing the Service for any reason.
- Furthermore, we reserve the right to change, edit, suspend, delete, and/or cancel any part of the Service and/or your access to it at any time with or without notice to you: (i) if required by law, or (ii) due to an event beyond our control.
- On termination of these Terms for any reason: (i) all rights granted to you under these Terms will cease immediately, (ii) you must immediately cease all activities authorized by these Terms (including your use of the Service), and (iii) you acknowledge that we may restrict your access to the Service. Sections 3, 8, and 11–18 will survive any termination or expiration of these Terms.
16. Governing Law
- These Terms and any matter arising out of or relating to these Terms, and any claim, cause of action, controversy, or matter in dispute between you and us, whether sounding in contract, tort, statute, regulation, or otherwise, shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of California in the United States, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without regard to any choice or conflict of laws principles (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction).
17. Dispute Resolution
- Mediation. You and Signature Resolution agree that all Disputes (each a “Claim”) shall be subject first to non-binding mediation before a mutually agreeable mediator within Los Angeles County, California. You agree that to the fullest extent permitted by law, a failure to participate in such mediation shall disqualify any such non-participating party from any possible right to recover attorneys’ fees and costs in any later action which was subject to such mediation requirement.
Arbitration Procedures. In the event the Claim is not resolved within 30 days of the mediation, you and Signature Resolution agree that, except as provided in Section 17(e) below, the Claim shall be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration, which may be initiated by either party by sending a written notice requesting arbitration to the other party. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. The arbitration will be administered through a mutually agreeable dispute resolution provider (other than Signature Resolution or ADR Services, Inc.) and the arbitration shall proceed before a single arbitrator who shall be a retired judge of the Superior Court of California.
Except as otherwise set forth in Section 17(e) below, you may seek any remedies available to you under federal, state, or local laws in an arbitration action. As part of the arbitration, both you and Signature Resolution will have the opportunity for discovery of non-privileged information that is relevant to the Claim. The arbitrator will provide a written statement of the arbitrator’s decision regarding the Claim, the award given, and the arbitrator’s findings and conclusions on which the arbitrator’s decision is based. The determination of whether a Claim is subject to arbitration shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and determined by a court rather than an arbitrator. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, (i) you and Signature Resolution may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator; and (ii) the arbitrator’s decision shall be final, binding on all parties and enforceable in any court that has jurisdiction, provided that any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to follow applicable law.
IN THE CASE OF ARBITRATION AND WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS. YOUR RIGHTS WILL BE DETERMINED BY A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR AND NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A FAIR HEARING, BUT THE ARBITRATION PROCEDURES ARE SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. ARBITRATOR DECISIONS ARE ENFORCEABLE AS ANY COURT ORDER AND ARE SUBJECT TO VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT.
- Location. The arbitration will take place in Los Angeles County, California, unless the parties agree to video, phone, or internet connection appearances.
- Limitations. You and Signature Resolution agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Claim between Signature Resolution and you individually. You and Signature Resolution agree that (i) there is no right or authority for any dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; (ii) there is no right or authority for any dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity or as a private attorney general; and (iii) no arbitration shall be joined with any other arbitration.
- Exceptions to Arbitration. You and Signature Resolution agree that the following Claims are not subject to the above provisions concerning binding arbitration: (i) any Excluded Dispute; (ii) any Claim related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use; and (iii) any claim for equitable relief. In addition to the foregoing, either party may assert an individual action in small claims court for Claims that are within the scope of such court’s jurisdiction in lieu of arbitration.
- Severability. You and Signature Resolution agree that if any portion of this section is found illegal or unenforceable (except any portion of Section 17(e), that portion shall be severed and the remainder of the Section shall be given full force and effect. If section 17(e) is found to be illegal or unenforceable then neither you nor Signature Resolution will elect to arbitrate any Claim falling within that portion of Section 17(e) found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Claim shall be exclusively decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the County of Los Angeles, California, and you and Signature Resolution agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
18. Additional Important Terms
- Assignment. The rights granted to you under these Terms may not be assigned without Signature Resolution’s prior written consent, and any attempted unauthorized assignment by you shall be null and void.
- Severability. Except as otherwise provided in Section 17(f), if any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then that portion shall be severed, and the remainder of the Terms shall be given full force and effect.
- Attorneys’ Fees. In the event any litigation or arbitration is brought by either party in connection with these Terms, except as otherwise provided in Section 17(a), the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the reasonable costs, attorneys’ fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in any legal action relating to these Terms.
- No Waiver. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms shall in no way be construed to be a waiver of such provision, nor in any way affect our right to enforce the same provision at a later time. An express waiver by Signature Resolution of any provision, condition, or requirement of these Terms shall not be understood as a waiver of your obligation to comply with the same provision, condition, or requirement at a later time.
- Equitable Remedies. You acknowledge and agree that Signature Resolution would be irreparably damaged if the terms of these Terms were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that we shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to any breach of these Terms, in addition to such other remedies as we may otherwise have available to us under applicable laws.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms, including the documents referenced in these Terms, constitutes the entire agreement between you and Signature Resolution with respect to the Service and supersedes any and all prior agreements between you and Signature Resolution relating to the Service.
- Transfer. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organization but this will not affect your rights or our obligation sunder these Terms.
19. Changes to These Terms
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend these Terms at any time. As applicable, we will notify you of material changes to these Terms when you next access the Service (we may also email you about any material changes to these Terms). We reserve the right at any time and from time-to-time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part of it) with or without notice.
20. Contact Information
- If you have any questions or comments relating to the Service or these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.